We are searching for a proactive and Bar Manager who would enjoy work in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities and duties
- Take responsibility of the nightly running of the bars in Shelter;
- Ensure constantly that the bar is well-stocked and operating smoothly;
- Implement and maintain effective bar service procedures;
- Train new staff on the in and outs of the club’s bar;
- Ensure staff compliance with all the in-house rules and hygiene standards;
- Report and liaise regularly with Club Manager and Floor Manager regarding departmental performance and ensure they are informed of any relevant information or issues;
- Ensure breaks are organised in accordance with fluctuations in the volume of business;
- Promote a positive attitude and team ethos, including ‘lead by example’, for the department, setting the pace and standards;
- Praise and recognise good performance;
- Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources;
Qualifications, skills and requirements
- Bar experience (essential);
- One year minimum experience in similar role (essential);
- Flexible schedule with full availability on nights and weekends, plus selected holidays and peak club season (essential);
- Strong leadership skills (essential);
- Dance music affinity and plenty of mileage in nightclubbing (essential);
- High School Diploma or higher;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong command of the English language ;
- Pro-active in problem solving and work on own initiative to deal with problems;
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts;
The position is based in Amsterdam Noord. The position has variable working hours, with a minimum of four shifts per month (variable 10+ hours per shift).
There is a requirement of availability during festivals, holiday season (Christmas or New Year and Easter) and King’s Day/Night.
To apply, send your CV and motivation, explaining why you would be a great fit to email@example.com.